Question: My boot tops are too big for my slim legs. Can you alter the boot shafts?
Hello! Thanks for the question to The Boot Guy. It is definitely possible for us to alter the boot shafts to make the tops more narrow on your calves. This is one of the more in depth repairs we do so its best to let a professional alter your boots. I will explain how we do this.
- Step 1: First the Pull Tabs are removed from the boot
- Step 2: We cut a V of leather out of both sides of the shaft *Note how much is cut out depends on how much tighter you want the shafts to be*
- Step 3: The side seams are then stitched back together with a zig-zag stitch pattern
- Step 4: The stitching is covered by a strip of leather matching the color of the boot
- Step 5: The boot pulls are reattached in their rightful places
When we are all done it looks good as new, you'll hardly notice the small strip of matching leather we added down the sides of both boots to cover the zig zag stitching. We've had a lot of people give us positive feedback and tell us how happy they are to have boot tops that finally fit.
To send your boots to us to have your boot tops made narrower, just click the button below:
In this case, its best to write down the circumference of your leg at the widest part of your calf and tell how much you’d like taken out of each side of the boot. Most often we remove one inch out of each side. But everyone is different and every boot is different. For information on other repairs we can do click >> HERE << ; send me, Slim The Boot Guy a question or comment below.
Looking for new boots that fit perfect?